- I am mildly disabled and so would rather not have to walk far.
- I do not have access to a car during the week.
- I live very near to the railway station in Billingshurst.
- Assuming that we meet at lunchtime or teatime, it is relevant that I tell you that I have some food intollerances and so any venue that involved food would have to have a dairy-free, wheat-free and chilli-free (other food restrictions) option. Any steakhouse or similar as well as most pubs and Wagamama will serve food that I can eat.
- Billingshurst, of course - four pubs and a few other eateries - one pub is right next to the station of other people that arrive y train.
- Horsham - relatively easy for me to get to by train but then a pretty long walk into the town centre, if that is where we met. There is a Beefeater right by the station in Horsham, though.
- Crawley is easy for me to get to by train and the town centre (e.g. County Mall with food court and the many other pubs, cafés and coffee bars that are nearby) is only a few yards from the station.
- Brighton, which I love and has the amazing Wagamama, would be easy to get to if I still had access to a car but is a nightmare to get to and from by train - I have to change at Three Bridges or Gatwick and is a really long journey.
- Anywhere else on the Brighton line, such as East Grinstead, would require a similar change.
- Anywhere else that I can get to easily by train. PDF download of the SE UK rail map.
- Chichester would have been an option in the past but the trains no longer run there without me changing at Horsham.
- I am most awake in the afternoons and evenings.
- I would rather not travel far at night by train in the winter.
- Weekends are a possibility and I would even have access to the car sometimes on a Saturday (never on a Sunday, though).
So, if anyone hears of a knitting/crochet meetup in Sussex, please do let me know.
Failing that I will consider setting up a meetup either in Horsham or Billingshurst, as long as I get enough interest..