- Пт, 14:34: RT @Marc_Gascoigne: The word "spooktacular" - can we enact some kind of emergency law to make its use subject to severe physical punishment?
- Пт, 14:36: RT @racheline_m: Things I was not prepared for this morning: my father asking me how to start his own YouTube channel. No no no no no no.
- Пт, 14:37: RT @seananmcguire: Dear baseball: fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you. Give me back my regularly scheduled episode of FRINGE.
- Пт, 14:40: Now would be a good time for some mindless WoW playing if I hadn't suspended my account. I guess I can just nap instead…
- Пт, 19:25: RT @nf_links: http://t.co/TFvTOJUI "Innovation Starvation" by Neal Stephenson. Very sad but likely true.
- Пт, 19:26: RT @GeorgeTakei: "This is a gem. http://t.co/IZtPTSbF” LOL!
- Пт, 19:41: RT @rainydaygoods: … likes to fake trick-or-treading kids out by coming to the door with bananas at first. parents LOVE THAT.
- Пт, 23:50: . @twitter, @Fayanora & Summify thanks for summarizing my news! http://t.co/0BFgb9e3
Originally posted by siliconshaman at VIPR, TSA and TN
TSA setting up checkpoints on the roads, starting in Tennessee. [ link ]
I suppose it figures... they've got the planes, trains and buses covered. There's not too many other venues to instil fear and paranoia left.
How long before the risk of being 'randomly' stopped in the street, asked for your papers, and escorted off for a jolly government sponsored grope and a night in the interrogation room, becomes part of daily life? How long before the police can stop&search you whenever they like for whatever reason or even no reason, when city centres are under constant complete surveillance via CCTV on every rooftop, your every move tracked by facial and gait recognition, your purchases logged and your internet access monitored.
Oh wait, my bad... that's today in the UK.
Funny how I don't feel any safer.
Originally posted by haddayr at Interesting, concise article in Huffpo about the Wall Street protests:
Everything The Media Told You About Occupy Wall Street Is Wrong: