- Cast on 72 st on a 2 mm – 2.5 mm (depending on gauge / tension) circular needle, magic-loop-style, using Judy’s Magic Cast On or similar.
- Knit around and keep knitting (stocking/stockinette stitch) in the round until the bag is roughly square (i.e. as tall as the cast-on edge is wide).
- Knit the holes for the draw-thread: (K2, K2tog, YO, K2) for one round.
- Knit a few more rows (8-10) in stocking stitch (i.e. K all round) and cast off loosely.
- Make a 3 st i-cord about 3.5 times as long as the bag is wide using 2 mm needles and thread it around the holes.
- Fill the bag with dice (or notions) and tie the drawstring in a bow!
Originally published in a public Ravelry project.
Now a free pattern on Ravelry. PDF to follow.
Another bag based on my previous dice bag pattern using left-over yarn from my shawl and phone case. I just wish that I could remember what the yarn is! It is 4ply and I bought it in iKnit, London a while ago.