- Reading serif fonts makes my eyes hurt and/or triggers a visual migraine unless I catch it soon enough.
- I am sure I can remember a way to change fonts in a browser settings back pre-web-2.0 and possibly on windows. I cannot find anything like that in the three browsers that I use but I may just be looking in the wrong places, I guess.
- I am happy to have to change some setting in each browser if there is no way at the OSX level to do this.
- I already use Readability extensively and select the "eBook" style (black text on dark grey and a sans serif font) but it gets old having to page back to the original page to navigate to the next page on that site before clicking my Readability bookmark to be able to continue reading. Also I would prefer to be able to change the font and background colour but Readability only seems to have five presets.
- I have a feeling that I am going to have to learn how to use CSS or some other Web 2.0 tech to be able to do this. I know I like to learn things but I prefer to learn about subjects at a general level by reading about them and my brain is almost useless with tech/programming levels of intricacy these days, although I guess I could try given a simple stylesheet to start from